Do you wish you could use the college wireless internet access without logging in every few days? By following a few simple steps shown below, you can alleviate the headache of signing in at seemingly random times! This feature is currently not available to students.
Complete a support ticket using an active email address and your real first and last name. Under Request Type select Networking > Wireless > Request Sign-in Bypass. In the Detailed Description block provide the type of device (such as cell phone, laptop or tablet) and MAC address of every device you want automatically allowed to access the wireless network.
Locate MAC address on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch...)
- Tap Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About.
- The MAC address is listed as Wi-Fi Address.
Locate MAC address on Android
- On the Home screen, tap the Menu key and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap About Tablet
- Tap Status
- Scroll down to view WiFi MAC address.
Locate MAC address on Apple OS X (MacBook, MacBook Pro...)
- Hold the option key down (under the letter Z)
- Click on the wireless signal icon at the top right side of your screen
- The MAC address is the second line down shown as Address
Locate MAC address on Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Right click the windows button and select Command Prompt or search for cmd and open it.
- Type getmac /v
- The MAC (physical) address for your wireless connection will be labeled "Wireless" or "802.11"